atmosphere & climatology section 1 Practice Questions Answers Test with Solutions & More Shortcuts
Atmosphere & Climatology PRACTICE TEST [8 - EXERCISES]
atmosphere & climatology section 1
atmosphere & climatology section 2
atmosphere & climatology section 3
atmosphere & climatology section 4
atmosphere & climatology section 5
atmosphere & climatology section 6
atmosphere & climatology section 7
atmosphere & climatology section 8
Question : 1
Consider the following climatic characteristics:
- Temperatures range from 21°C in the summer to 10°C or below in the winter.
- Off-shore trade winds blow during the summer.
- The summers are hot and dry, and winters are cool and moist.
- The annual rainfall ranges from 500 mm to 760 mm.
b) Tropical Monsoon
c) West European type
d) China typeAnswer »
Question : 2 [SSC CHSL 2014]
Our atmosphere is divided into layers.
d) FourAnswer »
Earth has five primary layers, which are the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere and exosphere.
.From the Earth upwards, those layers are:
- Troposphere: 0 to 12 km;
- Stratosphere: 12 to 50 km;
- Mesosphere: 50 to 80 km;
- Thermosphere: 80 to 700 km; and
- Exosphere: 700 to 10,000 km.
Question : 3
Match the following:
|List I||List II|
|A. Temperature falls with height||1. Ionosphere|
|B. Reflects radio waves back to earth||2. Stratosphere|
|C. Contains most of the ozone||3. Tropopause|
|D. Fall in temperature stops||4. Troposphere|
a) 3 2 4 1
b) 4 2 1 3
c) 4 3 1 2
d) 4 1 2 3Answer »
- In the troposphere temperature falls with the height. The troposphere, the lowest layer of Earth’s atmosphere, is heated from below. Higher up in the troposphere, where less heat from the surface warms the air, the temperature drops.
- The ionosphere reflects radio waves back to the earth.
- The ozone layer or ozone shield is a region of Earth’s stratosphere that absorbs most of the Sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation. It contains high concentrations of ozone (O3) in relation to other parts of the atmosphere, although still small in relation to other gases in the stratosphere.
- The tropopause is the boundary between the troposphere (which is based at the earth’s surface and has a temperature that decreases with height) and the stratosphere (which is a stable region of very low levels of vertical mixing above the troposphere).
Question : 4
Which one of the following local winds is different from the other three?
d) SiroccoAnswer »
Mistral the local wind is different from the others.
The mistral is a strong, cold and usually dry regional wind in France, coming from the north or northwest, which accelerates when it passes through the valleys of the Rhone and the Durance Rivers to the coast of the Mediterranean around the Camargue region.
Question : 5
Which one of the following regions on the surface of Earth has Horse Latitudes?
a) Sub-tropical high pressure belt
b) Equatorial low pressure belt
c) Polar high pressure belt
d) Sub-polar low pressure beltAnswer »
Horse Latitudes are the subtropical belts of variable winds and columns that is between the latitudes 25° and 35° south and north. They coincide with sub-tropical high-pressure belts.
IMPORTANT indian geography mcq EXERCISES
Top 500+ Climatology and Atmosphere MCQ Quiz For UPSC IAS »
New 555+ Physical Climatology MCQs For UPSC SSC IBPS RRB »
New 499+ Atmosphere and Climatology MCQs Quiz For SSC CGL »
Top 555+ Atmosphere & Climatology MCQs Test For SSC CHSL »
New 499+ Climatology and Atmosphere MCQs Test For SSC CPO »
Top 500+ Climatology and Atmosphere MCQs Quiz For SSC MTS »
New 499+ Climatology MCQs Test For UPSC IAS Prelims Exam »
Top 499+ Atmosphere Physical Geography GK MCQ Live Quiz »
Atmosphere & Climatology Shortcuts and Techniques with Examples
indian geography mcq CATEGORIES
» Nature & Scope of Geography
» Universe, solar system and Astronomy
» Geomorphology & Earth landforms
» Atmosphere & Climatology
» Hydrosphere & Oceanography
» Pedology or Soil & Agriculture
» Ecology & Bio geography
» World Physical Geography
» World Human Geography (Population)
» World Economic Geography (Industry, Trade, Transportation & Agriculture)
» World Country, Capital, Area, Currency, Parliament, Religion, New & old name of country
» Physiography & Geomorphology of India
» Indian Drainage, Irrigation and Rivers & River Projects
» Indian Climate
» Ecology, Environment, Forest, Naturals vegetations of India & National Park of India
» Indian Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
» Minerals & Energy Resources of India
» Industries & Trade in India
» Transportation & Ports System of India
Recent Blog Posts
Recently Added Subject & Categories For All Competitive Exams
Top 149+ Biology General Knowledge Practice MCQ Test
Top Biology Ecology & Environment Awareness General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions And Answers. General Science GK Practice Test For Competitive Exams
Continue Reading »
Important General Science Biology Practice MCQ Questions
Top General Science Biology In Human Welfare Based Multiple Choice Questions And Answers, Practice MCQ Test For All Competitive Exams, NEET, SSC, Interview
Continue Reading »
Top 199+ General Science Biology Practice Test, MCQ PDF
Most Important General Science Biology Human Welfare Multiple Choice Questions And Answers (MCQ) PDF, Practice Test For All Competitive Exams, SSC, NEET, RRB
Continue Reading »
New General Science Biology MCQ Online Practice Test, PDF
Top Most General Science Biology Food Production Multiple Choice Questions And Answers (MCQ), Online GK Practice Test, PDF For All Competitive Exams, NEET
Continue Reading »